The Treasure Island Sailing Center (TISC), is a 501 c(3) non-profit community sailing center located on the San Francisco Bay. We provide accessible and affordable sailing to the SF Bay Community and are looking for people with a passion for teaching and a desire to be a part of our team! Our programs are open to students from diverse backgrounds and are run by a core group of dedicated staff members. We sail Bugs, Optis, FJs, Ventures and J24s in Clipper Cove and the greater bay. This is one of the premiere sailing venues in the world and boasts an incredible view of San Francisco. If interested, check us out on Facebook and send a cover letter and resume!
TISC is looking for sailing instructors for our Youth and Adult Dinghy and Keelboat programs
- Employment Time: Seasonal (Spring, Summer, Fall)
- Work Schedule: Part-Time/Full Time (Summer)
- Job Description: We are looking for sailing instructors for our sailing programs. STEM-based, experiential education field trip instruction, basic and advanced youth instruction, adult, adaptive and community programming.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications
- Strongly committed to the mission of Community Sailing and human development
- Level 1 US Sailing Certification or equivalent, USCG Captains License, US Sailing Basic Keelboat Instructor Certificate (candidates with no certifications will be considered based on experience)
- Strong background in multiple types of sailing and experience instructing sailing
- Self-motivated with a desire to make our program succeed
- CPR/First Aid/AED current and/or willing to complete by first day of programs
Spring: Early April - May 30
- Part time - STEM-based, experiential education field trip instruction, basic and advanced youth instruction, adult, adaptive and community sails.
Summer: June 6 - August 19
- Part time - Group sails, plus weekend and evening adult, adaptive and community sails.
- Full time - Basic and advanced youth sailing summer camp instructor.
- Part time - STEM-based, experiential education field trip instruction, basic and advanced youth instruction, adult adaptive and community sails.