Make a Donation
Sponsor a Sailor
Help Treasure Island Sailing Center make sailing more accessible for children throughout the Bay Area!
Imagine the independence a child feels the first time at the helm of a sailboat. Experiential learning is so important for building self-confidence and encouraging critical thinking. At Treasure Island Sailing Center we provide the opportunity for children to learn these valuable lessons while cultivating a love for the sport of sailing. If you are a life long sailor or if you have dreamed of sailing on the bay you can appreciate the fantastic experiences a youngster will have by participating in our classes.
TISC's sailing programs remove financial barriers by providing scholarships to children from all socio economic backgrounds. About 75 percent of our students live in households where the total combined annual income is less than $41,000.
Your contribution to the Sponsor a Sailor program will support a child's first experiences with sailing. Here's how your tax-deductible donation can help a young sailor.
- $150 sponsors a sailor for one week of half -day sailing classes*
- $300 sponsors a sailor for one week of full-day sailing classes
- $500 sponsor a youth group of 25 individuals
- $1,000 sponsors a sailor for Beginner through Advanced Sailing
- $1,500 sponsor one week of full-day summer camp for 5 children
* After one week of half-day sailing classes children will be able to skipper a boat unassisted. Classes of longer duration will build on basic sailing skills and teach a youngster more advanced techniques and tactics.
At TISC, we create an environment where children feel empowered. Through our programs, children enjoy access to the water and the invigorating challenges of participating in a sport, working in teams and cultivating leadership skills. Our sailors gain a sense of responsibility, strengthen communication and decision-making skills, set challenges, and gain confidence while having fun and making new friends.
By contributing to the Sponsor a Sailor Program, you will help TISC involve children who would not ordinarily have access to sailing by providing them with free sailing lessons and a chance to develop ties in the local sailing community.
Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to our Sponsor a Sailor Program.
Donations of all amounts and purposes are welcome. General donations can be made to help fund programs, general operating costs, facility improvements, and are critical to our success in serving the community.
Ways To Donate
Make a donation of stocks: fill out the Stock Donation Form and mail it to:
Treasure Island Sailing Center c/o Donation Facilitator
698 California Ave. # 112
San Francisco, CA 94130
- Motorboat/Safety boat- engine and/or hull
- Sailboats: FJ, Opti, J24's, Lasers, and V15s
- Program supplies: wetsuits, foul weather gear, life jackets, sails, etc.
- Office Equipment: laser printers, copy machine, furniture, chairs, paper, dividers, markers etc.
- Electronics: ipod, camera, computers, monitors, TV, DVD player, etc.
Alternate Ways To Pay
Mail: fill out the Donation Form and fax or mail it with your donation to:
Treasure Island Sailing Center
698 California Ave, Building 112
San Francisco, CA 94130
Fax: (415) 421-2208
About Treasure Island Sailing Center
Treasure Island Sailing Center is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization operated by volunteers and dedicated staff members as a multi-use community sailing center. TISC provides facilities and instruction in sailing and boating safety for people of all skill levels, physical and mental abilities, ethnicities and socio-economic backgrounds. TISC was founded in 1999 and provides sailing lessons - from beginning instruction to advanced level racing - to more than 1,000 children and teenagers per year through its Youth Sailing and Adaptive Sailing programs. The Adaptive Sailing Program offers a range of introductory through racing classes for children and adults with physical or developmental disabilities.